Majed Dakak is a Partner at Kesselman Brantly Stockinger LLP. His practice includes complex business litigation, professional liability, unfair competition law, antitrust, employment law, and class actions. Prior to joining KBS, Mr. Dakak was an attorney at the highly regarded antitrust and litigation boutique, Blecher Collins Pepperman & Joye, P.C., in Los Angeles. Mr. Dakak was previously a tax consultant at Deloitte Tax LLP where he advised clients on outbound and inbound taxation, acquisitions, restructurings, foreign tax credit planning, intellectual property migration, and foreign tax reduction. In addition, prior to practicing law, Mr. Dakak was a senior consultant at Navigant Consulting where he investigated stock option backdating in major Securities and Exchange Commission investigations and performed econometric tests in shareholders class action lawsuits measuring abnormal returns and potential damages on equity securities.
Mr. Dakak has been selected as a "Rising Star" lawyer in Southern California by Los Angeles Magazine multiple times. Mr. Dakak earned his Juris Doctor from Loyola Law School. He received his Bachelor of Arts in Economics and a Specialization in Computer Programming from University of California, Los Angeles, graduating with honors, summa cum laude and Departmental Honors. Mr. Dakak is conversant in Arabic and has spent time living in Syria.
Areas Of Practice
- Complex business litigation
- Professional liability
- Unfair competition law
- Antitrust law
- Employment law
- Class actions
- Trademark and Copyright
- California, 2010
- Supreme Court of California, 2010
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 2010
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California, 2013
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 2017
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California, 2018
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 2017
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 2020
- United States Supreme Court, 2021
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, California
- J.D. - 2009
- University of California, Los Angeles, California
- B.A. - 2003
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Honors: Departmental Honors Program
- Honors: With Honors
- Major: Economics
- Minor: Computer Programming
- Shames v. California Travel & Tourism Opinion Commission: Broadening the Scope of State Action Immunity, State Bar of California, Journal of the Antitrust and Unfair Competition Law Section, Vol 19, No., 2, 2010
- Antitrust and Unfair Competition Law Section, The State Bar of California, CALIFORNIA ANTITRUST AND UNFAIR COMPETITION LAW, REVISED EDITION, Health Industry, §8 et seq. (Cheryl Lee Johnson, ed., Matthew Bender & Co. 2013)
- “Ordered recusal of immigration judge boggles the mind,” Op-ed in Los Angeles Daily Journal, December 10, 2014 (co-author with Hon. Bruce J. Einhorn and Dalila Kamal-Griffin)
- Adjunct Professor, Mount St. Mary’s College - Teaching Law Related Courses, 2014 to Present
- Guest Judge Selected to Evaluate Oral Arguments, Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, 2013 to 2014
- Guest Lecturer, Race and the Law, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2010 to 2010
Honors And Awards
- Selected "Rising Star" Lawyer in Southern California by Super Lawyers Magazine and Los Angeles Magazine, 2013 - 2017
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers
- Arab American Lawyers Association of Southern California, Board of Governors
- American Bar Association
- Los Angeles Bar Association
- Consumer Attorneys of Los Angeles
- Represents a public healthcare district concerning healthcare competition issues and other healthcare related matters.
- Represents a homeowners association that sued a developer for breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duty.
- Represented a plaintiff in a matter dealing with a nonprofit corporation’s breach of charitable trust and breach of contract.
- Represented a putative class of real estate agents against a nationwide real estate company for failure to properly classify its employees. That matter received final approval in favor of the for $4.5 million.
- Represented plaintiffs in a derivative action brought by shareholders of a two corporations against a corporate officer who breached her fiduciary duty.
- Represented a physician and health care entities in an antitrust group boycott trial against a major hospital.
- Represented plaintiffs in a class action against AT&T for exploiting its customers by grossly overcharging, in relation to its cost, for non-published and non-listed telephone services.
- Represented victims of an international hijacking in a matter dealing with international law, statutory interpretation, professional malpractice, and complex contractual liability.
- Represented an investment firm in a breach of contract and fraud action arising out of the sale of an MRI patent portfolio.
Past Employment Positions
- Deloitte Tax LLP, Tax consultant
- Navigant Consulting, Senior consultant